As promised, here’s the delish lemon drizzle cake from NHR. Couldn’t you just dive in?
130g Agave Syrup
175g Ground Almonds
100g Mash Potato. . . . Yes mashed potato!
Zest of 3 lemons
2 tsp Baking powder
2 drops of NHR’s Organic Lemon Essential Oil (which is food grade).
For the drizzle:-
Juice of ½ lemon
50g (or there abouts) Agave Syrup
1. Pre-melt the coconut oil and put to one side to cool.
2. Grease and line a 20cm deep round cake tin.
3. Whisk the eggs well. Add the agave and whisk well again. Add the coconut oil carefully and continue to whisk. Now add 2 or 3 drops of NHR lemon essential oil and whisk again.
4. In a separate bowl, place the ground almonds, lemon zest, baking powder, and mix in well.
5. Now gently add the almond mixture to the egg mix, thoroughly stirring it in.
6. Lastly add the mashed potato, gently blending it into the cake mix. Make sure the potato is well mashed so there are no lumps!
7. Lovingly pour mixture into the cake tin and pop into a pre-heated oven, gas mark 4, 160c, 180c fan – for 40-45mins.
Skewer the middle; skewer should come out clean when cooked.
This is such a yummy delicious cake! :0))) Not only is it yummy, it’s a nourishing and healthy alternative to your usual average wheat, dairy and sugar filled cake. It’s so easy to make, why not have a go, we’d love to hear how you got on…
Ps. It works just as well without the mash potato if you’re shy about it.