I chose to write it because:
- most people have no clue that gluten sensitivity and coeliac disease are completely separate things
- that coeliac disease is just ONE form of gluten illness (there are 100s of others) that is caused by a genetic gluten sensitivity
- that most gluten illness has NOTHING to do with the gut or villi damage
- that the only common denominator in auto-immune diseases seems to be gluten
- nor that there is gluten in ALL grains, not just in wheat, rye, barley and oats.
I know, it’s a shocker, isn’t it?! This is life-changing and pretty ground-breaking stuff, though I say it myself!
You can now get a genetic test to find out if you are likely to have a gluten problem, whether that is to traditional gliadin, CD or not, and you don’t have to be eating gluten to have it.
Phew. I need a lie down.