Here is a lovely recipe for making an indulgent but healthy hot chocolate drink I picked up from Nutri today. I like the addition of the blood-sugar balancing cinnamon and the immuno-supportive manuka, quite apart from the antioxidant benefit of the raw cocoa. What’s not to like?
You will need:
• 250ml milk (choose from organic almond, soya, or any nut or seed milk)
• 250 ml water
• 1 heaped teaspoon organic raw cocoa powder
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon pure organic vanilla bean paste
• 1 teaspoon manuka honey (optional / to taste)
• Gently heat the water and milk together in a pan
• Put the cocoa powder, cinnamon and vanilla bean paste into the base of a jug
• Add a dash of the milk and water into the jug and mix thoroughly till combined
• Add the rest of the milk & water, the honey if using, pour into two mugs.